Tuesday, October 20, 2009

フェイル

So I tried to spice up my blog a little, and the result is a little faily. But hey, my blog title didn't just come out of nowhere, you know. I had to earn it, and fail is something that has to be cultivated over several years. This is one of those years.

Here's a bitty 4-koma about what happened... (The first panel is me thinking up a きれい template.)


Have I mentioned I'm really, really bad at CSS?

Anyway, I feel bad because I haven't actually been posting about Japan/Japanese culture. I guess I could always pimp わたしのそぼのほん. (Google tells me "そぼ" is the word you use when talking about your own grandmother, but this wouldn't be the first time Google has lied to me.)

So my grandma is a にほんじん, and she wrote this book, Snow on Willow, about growing up both in にほん and in アメリカ around the years of WWII. Apparently someone in a school is trying to make it part of their curriculum, which I think is pretty cool! I could only hope to end up in a curriculum one day...maybe in AP Fail?

じゃあ、また。

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa...ack I just noticed this blog is kind of dark...I´m trying to read on my work pc (which doesn´t have Rikaichan installed or Firefox, so I´ll check again from home anyway) but I can barely make out the letters. If you want I can custom design a banner/color scheme for you or something (I need web design practice anyway, and you always draw kewl stuff for me!). Thanks for adding me as a link ! :D lbtd Unna

Hien said...

メリサさんのブログがすきです!That's my attempt at saying I like (the new look of) your blog.

Marilyn M. said...

メリッサさん の ブログ は あまり 「フェイル」 じゃありません。Detailed drawings がすきです!おもしろいですから。 Fail of 「フェイル」? (meant as a compliment!) :)

Anonymous said...

Uh, I think I must have caused this...
Anyway I find web design the easy part...it´s art that tortures me a bit. As evidenced in 3am comics.

Anonymous said...

ps. I really love the last two panels

meli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
meli said...

みなさん、ありがとう。 マリリんさん と ヘイんさん は しんせつ です。  you make me feel like i should try harder at failing : ) <3

Yujin Chung said...

Your website is much more interesting than mine...-_-

Josh said...

Well the artwork really fails at failing (by that I mean これは いいです。)

SkullsAndHappiness said...

あなたの comic をすきです!とてもきれいなです。
Also, that is so awesome that your grandmother wrote that book!

アリス said...

melisa さんのブログおもしろいですね!きれいなPICTURES!